Pie, fresh berries, coffee, the list could go on, but some things are just better with a dollop of whipped cream. This homemade version is fresh, rich and simple.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chill a medium-sized bowl in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the bowl is chilled, remove from the freezer and add heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Use an electric mixer on low to beat ingredients, gradually increasing speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Keep unused whipped cream refrigerated in an airtight container.
Try adding cocoa for a chocolate twist or try chocolate and a little coffee for a mocha flavor.
Inspired by and adapted from: Dairy Good