Who doesn’t love tacos?! This is a great meal for busy weeknights that packs lots of flavor. Additional toppings and variations make them something the whole family will enjoy. The combinations are almost endless.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning package of choice
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 taco shells (crunchy or taco tortillas)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cook ground beef (or turkey) over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking up the meat, about 6-8 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Add bell pepper, taco seasoning and water. Cook until mixture thickens and water is evaporated. About 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Heat taco shells as desired or directed on package.
- Put meat in taco shell, top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
Add toppings like avocado, hot sauce or cilantro for additional flavor!
Inspired by and adapted from: Daisy Brands