During the warm summer months, fruit and ice cream are the perfect go-to treat, so we had to share this BERRY delicious strawberry filled treat to enjoy this summer, plus, it is easy enough to get the kids involved making it.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, additional whole strawberries for topping
- 1 cup strawberry sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pound cake, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Orange slice, for serving
- Mix ice cream in a bowl until soft, fold in 3/4 cup of sauce creating swirls.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Mix sliced strawberries with sugar and lemon juice in a bowl, let stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer.
- Slice the pound cake into pieces that will fit in your serving glass.
- Combine ice cream, sliced strawberry mixture and pound cake in a class
- Drizzle with remaining strawberry sauce, top with whole strawberries, orange slice and whipped cream.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Try other ice cream flavors such as chocolate for another dessert treat.
Inspired by and adapted from: Martha Stewart