This hearty dinner is sure to leave your family full and happy! Plus it can make for great leftovers too.
- 2 lbs flank steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 cup peeled and sliced yellow onion
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 6 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 3/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, cook flank steak in oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pot and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onion, cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Return beef to pot.
- Add milk and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Slowly add gravy mix, stirring until incorporated.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until beef is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Add peas.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- Serve stroganoff over egg noodles.
- Topped with Cheddar cheese.
If preparing stew in advance, do not add yogurt or peas until reheating.
Inspired by and adapted from: DairyGood