What do you get when cheesecake and pumpkin pie cross paths? The best of both worlds. Don’t worry, October offers multiple occasions to make this. Try it out on October 14 for National Dessert Day and again on October 21 for National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) salted butter, melted
- 3 packages (8-ounce) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can (15-ounce) pureed pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add melted butter.
- Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and spices, mix.
- Add flour and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- Pour and spread evenly into crust
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven let sit for 15 minutes.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Add a little more fall flavor by topping this with caramel sauce or whipped cream.
Inspired by and adapted from: Food Network