Springtime is finally here and it’s time to bust out the BBQ. Besides the charcoal and your favorite grilling goods, every good backyard gathering needs family, friends and, of course, potato salad. We’ve been on the hunt for a delicious new recipe to try and we’re so excited to share this one with you all.
The Solid Ingredients
- 10 pounds russet/Idaho potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 1/2 green pepper finely diced
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced for garnish on top
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles finely diced
The Sauce Ingredients
- 3 cups mayo
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 pinches smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- Peel, chop into one inch pieces and boil the potatoes cooking until tender but still firm. Drain and cool.
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Dice up the onion, green pepper, celery and pickles. Mix with the potatoes.
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, breaking up the egg to make everything smooth. You're looking for a salad dressing consistency. Taste the dressing and alter as needed.
- Gradually pour the dressing over the potatoes. Keep adding dressing and mixing until it's to your liking.
- Top with sliced hard boiled eggs and sprinkles of paprika to your liking.
- Serve to a hungry crowd!
Recipe inspired by and adapted from: Instructables