Mini Pizza Sandwiches for back-to-school lunch that the kiddos will love. We don’t want any kids running on empty tanks this school year! These Pizza Sandwiches are one way to incorporate dairy for nutrients your kids need and want to eat. Recipe by Michelle Belfrey
- 5 slices mini pita bread
- 2.5 tsp marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 5 slices mini Provolone cheese
- 5 slices mini salami
- fresh basil
- Slice into pita bread and create a pocket.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce and sprinkle the Italian seasoning.
- Cut Provolone cheese and salami into the appropriate size for each pita bread.
- Layer cheese, salami and fresh basil to stuff into the pita pocket.
- Add extra sauce for dipping.
- Optional: toast the filled pizza sandwiches for 5-6 minutes for melty cheese.