Perla di Zafferano
Liberty Food & Wine Exchange - Perla di Zafferano
A sweet, delicious, dairy dessert! Savor each spoonful of this creamy milk panna cotta infused with saffron and cardamom, served with a Konafi.Stop by Liberty Food & Wine Exchange in Reno, June 10-16 to try it. Not able to come in? Give it a try at home and let us know how it turns out.
- 6 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 7 Gelatin Sheets
- 1 Tsp Cardamom
- 1 Tsp Saffron
- Let the gelatin sheets soak in cold ice water.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk, sugar, cardamom and saffron just until boiling. Once boiling, turn heat off.
- Take the gelatin out of the ice water and squeeze out any remaining water. Stir the gelatin into the hot milk.
- Strain the mixture to remove saffron pearls and pour into a mason jar.
- Refrigerate until firm, about four (4) hours.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Katie at Liberty Food & Wine Exchange.