Mac and Cheese
The Slanted Porch - Mac and Cheese
The ultimate comfort food dish with three types of cheese, milk, cream and butter. It’s a dairy lovers dream. We promise this dish is sure to satisfy all your ooey-gooey dairy cravings.The Slanted Porch in Fallon created this dish as a Dairy Month special this June! Continue the celebration and give it a try at home and let us know how it turns out.
- 2 Cups Uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Cream
- 2 Cups Shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup Cheese curds
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bring the water to a full, rolling boil before adding the uncooked macaroni, add salt to the boiling water.
- Cook the pasta at a boil until it's tender, but slightly firm to the bite.
- Drain the pasta in a colander.
- Rinse the pasta with water. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Warm the milk and cream in a sauce pan. Slowly add the mozzarella, half the white cheddar and the cheese curds.
- When all the cheese is melted and it's a creamy cheesy sauce, stir in the cooked pasta and remove from the heat.
- Place the mixture into an oven proof container and top with the remaining half cup of shredded white cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!
Make it your way by adding jalapeño, bacon, ham, bread crumbs—whatever you like!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Steve at The Slanted Porch.