Try swapping store-bought hot chocolate mix with this homemade hot chocolate mix for a warm, rich and creamy treat.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 cups whole milk
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Whipped cream or mini marshmallows, for garnish
- In a medium pot, whisk sugar and cocoa powder together. Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Use 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp peppermint extract for peppermint hot chocolate.
Inspired by and adapted from: Dairy Good