You don’t need an ice cream maker for this delicious treat. Top with fresh berries or just about anything else your heart desires and enjoy!
- 3 cups whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine yogurt, cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a large freezer bag.
- Remove all air from the bag prior to sealing.
- Lay bag flat in the freezer.
- After ~1 hour, take it out and smoosh it around. Lay it flat in the freezer again.
- Repeat this process every hour. As yogurt freezes, break up all the chunks each time you take it out. Try laying the bag flat on a counter and use your fingers to push through any lumps.
- When it is well frozen and smooth, it is ready.
- Serve immediately.
Try honey or other sweeteners for a change from plain sugar.
Inspired by and adapted from: All Recipes