Ready for an easy homemade lasagna? A classic, delicious dinner that every family should have in rotation. Tender sheets of pasta, a cheese filling and a rich meaty tomato sauce make this the perfect meal.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 10 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat.
- Stir in pasta sauce.
- In a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish, spread the a third of the sauce on the bottom and then layer with 3 noodles, half the ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Repeat.
- Slowly pour hot water around the edges of the dish. Tightly cover baking dish with 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 10 more minutes.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
Try serving with roasted vegetables or incorporate them right into the sauce!
Inspired by and adapted from: my recipes