Creamy, Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
How can you go wrong with creamy, cheesy enchiladas! These are an easy family favorite and since they take under an hour to make, they even make it into the weeknight dinner rotation.
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 16 oz salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup corn
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cream cheese and the sour cream.
- Stir in a half cup of the salsa, along with a half cup of cheddar cheese, a half cup of pepper jack cheese, the chili powder and cumin.
- Add the chicken, corn, and half of the green onions. Mix together.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the salsa at the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of one of the tortillas. Roll up and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining salsa over the top of the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions and serve.
If you don’t have time to cook chicken, a rotisserie chicken from the store works really well. Pull the chicken off and shred it with forks. Ta-da! Tasty, roasted, shredded chicken.
Inspired by and adapted from: Taste and Tell.