Not that we need an excuse for a delicious milkshake, but September 12 is chocolate milkshake day, so we figured a homemade chocolate milkshake recipe made sense. Trust us that this combination of classic ingredients blended to perfection will be one of the best you’ve had.
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup, more for serving
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Combine chocolate ice cream, chocolate milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla extract in a blender.
- Process on high until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Try adding raspberries or peanut butter for a twist on this classic.
Inspired by and adapted from: Southern Living