Cheezeno Burger by Sassafras Eclectic Food Joint
A Dairy Month special! A vegetarian twist on a classic with a Panela cheese “patty” between the buns. Topped with chipotle cream and mixed greens tossed in a Serrano Vinaigrette. Juicy, delicious, and oh-so-cheesy. Stop by Sassafras in Carson City this month to try it. Can’t get to Carson? Give it a try at home and let us know how it turns out.
- 1/2 Round Panela Cheese from Sand Hill Dairy
- 1/4 Cup Mixed greens tossed in Serrano Vinaigrette dressing
- 1 Tsp Chipotle Crema, or more to taste
- 1 Tsp Pico de Gallo
- 1 Brioche Bun or any other type of bun
Serrano Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 Cup Basil leaves
- 1 Cup Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 Cup Parsley leaves
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple juice
- 1/4 Cup Orange juice
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Serrano peppers
- 2 Tbsp Chipotle in Adobo puree
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Make the Serrano Vinaigrette dressing and Chipotle Crema by blending together ingredients. Set aside.
- Pan sear the Panela cheese with a little oil on a griddle until lightly browned on both sides.
- Toast the bun on the griddle.
- Put chipotle crema on the bottom part of the bun. Top with the griddled cheese, pico de gallo and mixed greens tossed in the Serrano Vinaigrette dressing.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at Sassafras Eclectic Food Joint.