This recipe gives you biscuits from scratch but without the kneading, rolling, cutting and shaping. Did we mention they have a wonderful, fluffy texture?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk, well shaken
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place racks in upper and lower third positions.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a food processor, pulse to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the cold butter cubes and pulse the mixture approximately 10 times until butter is incorporated and pea-sized lumps remain.
- Add the grated cheddar and pulse 2-3 times to distribute.
- Pour mixture into large bowl and add chives.
- Pour the buttermilk into the bowl and stir until the dough comes together.
- Using two spoons, drop 1/4 cup quantities of dough onto prepared baking sheets, roughly 12.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, 12-14 minutes, rotating baking sheets once.
Serve with hot sauce, eggs, extra cheese or just enjoy them as a snack all on their own.
Inspired by and adapted from: Fifteen Spatulas