There is just something about the combination of fresh sliced milky mozzarella and juicy, ripe tomatoes. This salad is incredibly simple and quick, there’s no reason it can’t be on your table tonight.
- 3-4 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Arrange the cut tomatoes and mozzarella on a large platter, alternating between tomato and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the basil leaves over the tomato and mozzarella.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze over tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
Try using heirloom tomatoes or adding black olive tapenade on top for something different.
Inspired by and adapted from: The kitchn